GFX World Wide Design
Welcome to GWWD where the best meets Feel free to join and introduce Your self here!
GFX World Wide Design

Welcome to GWWD where the best meets Feel free to join and introduce Your self here!

You are not connected. Please login or register

GIMP question

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 GIMP question on Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:19 am

I have GIMP 2 and I search for renders. I copy/paste them onto my GIMP page but the background of the render turns black and the only way I fix it is to Rub out all the black parts to make it show the background of GIMP HHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPP

View user profile

2 Re: GIMP question on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:34 pm

idk i dont use gimp better try to use photoshop...

T - Shirt Competition Winner
View user profile http://gfxwwd.darkbb.com

3 Re: GIMP question on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:40 pm

I dont use Gimp either, I use the other free program Getpaint.net.
But you dont use copy n paste to get images onto editing programs, you upload the images onto the editing programs main page.
Like, with getpaint, you click " layers " on the top tool bar, then click " import from file "
thats how you get images onto the getpaint page, then you can play about with them and add more images onto the main image etc.

View user profile

4 Re: GIMP question on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:27 pm

UltimatuS wrote:idk i dont use gimp better try to use photoshop...

Don't say it so roughly, in fact normally you should PAY for photoshop, its not a free program by any means, and some people don't want to download it for either ethical reasons or slow connection speed...

Anyways, are you sure you are downloading renderers in png format or in any format that supports Alpha Channel?

View user profile

5 Re: GIMP question on Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:39 am

Stef wrote:
UltimatuS wrote:idk i dont use gimp better try to use photoshop...

Don't say it so roughly, in fact normally you should PAY for photoshop, its not a free program by any means, and some people don't want to download it for either ethical reasons or slow connection speed...

Anyways, are you sure you are downloading renderers in png format or in any format that supports Alpha Channel?
Actually I'm not too sure

View user profile

6 Re: GIMP question on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:52 pm

That may be the problem, when you want renderers, ESPECIALLY for gimp which has no automatic background remover for easy white removal, you must make sure that the render is in PNG format, which maintains it's alpha channel (transparency)

View user profile

7 Re: GIMP question on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:21 am

How do I check if it is?

View user profile

8 Re: GIMP question on Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:51 am

Ok Guys i am having the same problem but my dad found a way past it, you downlaod the file then open as new layer, and it works, so i dont kno whats going on there but can some one please tell us an easier way? And i had gimp 2.6.8 and it worked fine but wen i got the new one gimp 2.6.10 it started doing the black background thingo.

View user profile

9 Re: GIMP question on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:28 pm

coming back to this thing, just save the file to ur comp, and then load it with Gimp Wink

View user profile

10 Re: GIMP question on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:10 am

Yep I figured it out thank you everyone for the Help

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum