GFX World Wide Design
Welcome to GWWD where the best meets Feel free to join and introduce Your self here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GFX World Wide Design
Welcome to GWWD where the best meets Feel free to join and introduce Your self here!
GFX World Wide Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GFX World Wide Design

You are not connected. Please login or register

lol my starter works... :D

+6
Yuri Bakura
Eraser
King Galixy
DarkNess
Mizara
TheRuler
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1lol my starter works... :D Empty lol my starter works... :D Fri May 21, 2010 1:37 pm

TheRuler

TheRuler

I need to learn better in PS, so if anyone wanna help, I would love to be helped Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

So, those are my favourite works. What do u think? Wink

2lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Fri May 21, 2010 2:50 pm

Mizara

Mizara

Well, let's start.

Your first work is probably your best one, bg looks like and fits the render(since the bg is basically blurred render). 8-8.5/10

I don't like your second work, the render is way too blurry and the background just doesn't look good. Also the text should not cover your render. 5.5/10

Your 3rd one ain't nothing too pleasant aswell. Again you abused the blur tool in a bad way, although it makes a nice eff around the render, the render itself is ruined. Also left side, which is about 30% of this siggy is simply black which kinda ruins what already doesn't look too good. 5/10

Your last one is your worse. Rubbish combination of random brushes, low quality render and totally out of place font makes it a disaster. It looks like colorful melt down cheese on the background. Again you overabused the blur tool.
It looks as you wrote the text with a marker. Out of place and makes bad worse. 2.5/10

You ain't bad for a beginner. Eventually you'll learn to critize your own works and realize what's wrong with them before even posting on the internet.
Try watching some tutorials on the web or ask people to teach you some tricks. I could teach you few basics when I'm free if ya' want.
What I can tell ya' now is to get new fonts, since a text actually matters lot in your signatures and a wrong one can literally destroy other aspects of your signature.
Also, don't blur the renders. It doesn't look good most of times.

Don't take my words as insult. We aren't insulting anyone on GWWD. We simply criticize.
It would be a lie if I gave your works a high scores. So better take it low now and then improve and get honest high scores.
Anyways, good luck with your gfx and hope to see more of your works in the future.

Last edited by Mizara on Sat May 22, 2010 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

3lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Fri May 21, 2010 3:23 pm

TheRuler

TheRuler

I actually totally agree with you, I love the first ones, but other are just rubbish Very Happy

4lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Fri May 21, 2010 3:24 pm

DarkNess

DarkNess

Well, yea what Mizara said basically, not too much blur.... text.... stuff Very Happy Anyway, as Mizara said, this is a place to improve, people want to help you and if they do they have to tell you the truth.

5lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Fri May 21, 2010 5:26 pm

King Galixy

King Galixy

1st is very good... 9/10
2nd is blury... 6/10
3rd render is resized 5/10
4th low quality render and low qualitiy of bg 4/10

just be persistent and u will make it... rock

https://gfxwwd.darkbb.com

6lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Sat May 22, 2010 9:11 am

Eraser

Eraser

Ur first one is gd. Will give it around 8.5/10.
The rest can be valued between 4 or 5 on 10. Dont worry by the looks of it ur gonna be good at GFX given some time. Need more practice. U can search some tutorials online also

7lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Sat May 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

you must download new font ... and use those font instead of the normal font, it will look better xD

http://duelinguniverse.forumotion.net

8lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Mon May 31, 2010 12:55 pm

TheRuler

TheRuler

What do you guys think about this:

9lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Mon May 31, 2010 1:16 pm

DarkNess

DarkNess

Please don't take this as an insult but what the heck is it? o.o It has no flow, it isn't even a render (I don't think) Sorry but I really don't know what angle I should look at it to realize what it is o.o I'll give it a 2/10 (Please don't be offended)

10lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:09 am

TheRuler

TheRuler

I'm not offended Very Happy It has halo w/e it is... Halo game series guy in the middle. Looking to the right Very Happy

11lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 am

IversonSt3

IversonSt3

The Gyzarus Blizzard is the Best!

Ignore other people, if you made the render you ROCK!! Very Happy

If not, try more at the BackGround. Wink

12lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:44 am

rocker_fox

rocker_fox

Okay, what can I say?
The first is good, the second is blurry, I didn't like the third, the fourth, well, I actually liked it somehow, and fifth looks good, the effect was well done, though the Master Chief is way too big for the thing though.

Don't take my words in count, I'm not a graphic designer and I'm actually bad at making this kind of stuff, I bet there are lots of guys who think I got a bad taste cause I actually do.

13lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 am

TheRuler

TheRuler

well, what do you think about this?

or this:

14lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:56 pm

Fallen King

Fallen King

They look nice

9/10
8.5/10 You should remove the black lines :S

15lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:42 am

TheRuler

TheRuler

yea, I removed them, or at least, made them little bit lighter, so this is new version

16lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:17 pm

DarkNess

DarkNess

Better but the text is still not that good, it doesn't suit the rest, the text and the effect behind it but the colour is good. Good work Smile I think I've seen both of these in KC.com, do you post it in there?

17lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:48 pm

Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

that signature, i have seen the signature tutorial before, it teach about clipping mask and I guess u learn from there so why don't u make the font with clipping mask ? It will be better than the normal font, anyway, nice 1 xD

18lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:01 am

TheRuler

TheRuler

Well yea, I do post these to KC, and yes, I saw the clipping mask tut. Very Happy But I won't make the text like that, you know why? Cos I dunno how Embarassed

19lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 pm

TheRuler

TheRuler

Sorry for double post, but here's another one, made main banner for mah new acad.

Also this sig:

20lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Yuri Bakura

Yuri Bakura

the banner a little bit shiny on Ra part if compare to Obelisk and Slifer, try to make it more balance.

for the signature, u shud remove the btm part >.< and also dun cut off his hair and right hand

21lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:53 pm

DarkNess

DarkNess

Yep, agreed with Yuri but the banner's bg isn't that good in my opinion.

Banner: 8/10
Sig: 9/10

22lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 pm

King Galixy

King Galixy

banner is kinda messed up but its still good...

and for sig i agree whit bakura... Smile

23lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:11 am

TheRuler

TheRuler

what do u mean by "btm" part?

24lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 am

Mizara

Mizara

TheRuler wrote:what do u mean by "btm" part?

He means that the bottom of your signature looks not so pretty and out of place. As for the whole siggy, it's ain't nothing special. You could do better.
The bg is very plain and in overall it looks unproffessional. The text, for example, is too covered by the bg color and it's hard to see the S, e and t. Add some shadow to it.

Also make sure not to cut/ put cut down renders. We can see the top of his hair cut and so his left hand (4 fingers). Either complete the render by yourself, find a better render or cut out parts to make it look complete. And honestly it looks like you smudged a random bg and copy/pasted a render into it. 5/10

As for the banners; again I'd expect more from you. You can't really find sense in it, it's too messy and unorganized. I'm not sure if you decided to just use random brushes or you overabused C4D. In either case, it looks painful to the eyes. 4/10

Read more tutorials and I'm sure you'll cover up your mistakes in no time.

25lol my starter works... :D Empty Re: lol my starter works... :D Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:05 am

King Galixy

King Galixy

Mizara can be a writer for a newspaper Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum