GFX World Wide Design
Welcome to GWWD where the best meets Feel free to join and introduce Your self here!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

GFX World Wide Design
Welcome to GWWD where the best meets Feel free to join and introduce Your self here!
GFX World Wide Design
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GFX World Wide Design

You are not connected. Please login or register

PS user Question

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1PS user Question Empty PS user Question Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:47 am

Saiyan Prince

Saiyan Prince

Ok now i wanna get PS but i wanna know what type everyone sues like Fred100 and Mizara and everyone, what type do you use? Elements or CS?

2PS user Question Empty Re: PS user Question Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:56 am

Mizara

Mizara

Well, personally I use Photoshop CS3 for signature/avatar making for I think it's the best version for doing so.
I do, however, use CS5 for retouch and touchover works (Re-constructing real pictures) 'cause it's best version for real pictures adjustments.

3PS user Question Empty Re: PS user Question Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:11 am

Saiyan Prince

Saiyan Prince

Ok but is there a difference in CS like 3 4 5? dosent it have more features or anythign when it goes up?

4PS user Question Empty Re: PS user Question Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 pm

Mizara

Mizara

Saiyan Prince wrote:Ok but is there a difference in CS like 3 4 5? dosent it have more features or anythign when it goes up?

They try to make Photoshop more "convenient" each time. As you may, or may not know but when someone tries to make something too convenient it usually ends up only more complicated than it used to be.
They add more features to make our life easier when photoshopping, adding too many features eventually results in too many tools, however.

It kinda depends on how familiar you're with Photoshop, if you're pro and know most of Cs3's features then there shouldn't be a problem for you to move on to Cs4, or Cs5.
If you're still a rookie then Cs3 is the option because it's(in my opinion) the easiest version for signature making and a good way to start gfx'ing.

The changes made between versions are usually not significant so you're not missing much if you skip Cs4.
Cs5 has some sweet tools for touchover photoshopping, but nothing in particular useful for gfx'ing. If you start with Cs5 you're most likely going to find yourself lost.

As for myself, I'm kinda familiar with Cs4 but I still use Cs3 for gfx simply because I'm used to it and don't feel like I'm missing something out.

In the end it's your choice.

5PS user Question Empty Re: PS user Question Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:39 pm

Saiyan Prince

Saiyan Prince

Well im gonna get CS3 so if you say it is easy then ill have a go at it.

6PS user Question Empty Re: PS user Question Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 am

TheRuler

TheRuler

I have CS4 and it's very easy to use :/ xD but yeah, they made 4 "better" than 3, and 5 "better" than 4 :/

7PS user Question Empty Re: PS user Question Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Stef

Stef

@Mizara

I agree, but not completely!

When a company like adobe makes a new version of a PROFESSIONAL program like adobe, it surely won't think how to make it better for a rookie to understand, it'll think how to make it more convenient for the pro to use it. That's because the profits of Adobe from Photoshop come from professionals that have to BUY photoshop to be able to use it with a legal license, if they don't, they won't be able to work. Instead, a rookie would never buy Photoshop except if he's rich -.- He will download it illegally and that means Adobe gets no profit from the rookies. By making it more complex, it could even reduce piracy on Photoshop. Normally you would need to take lessons for professional use of graphic programs, in the most cases, Photoshop.

That's the part where I agree with you, but the part I don't agree is :

Between CS3 and CS5, Adobe didn't only implement new tools, it implemented new options for some of the already existing tools, and not only, it made them better in many ways that don't matter to the user, like programming how the tool works and making algorithms for certain effects, and also improved the quality of the outcome of the currently existing features.

I would say that a rookie could start with any of these versions, however only after a while he will be able to master all of their features.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum